Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hot Chocolate with Frangelico and Maple Whipped Cream

Hot Chocolate with Frangelico
and Maple Whipped Cream

This recipe is for my Canadian friends to the north.  It seems that everything tastes better in Canada. From Coca Cola to steak and frites, I'm convinced Canada has some of the best food around. It wasn't always this way, but you are blazing your own trail and I'm lovin' it. 

 
My dear Canadian friends, you most certainly have the best hot chocolate around.  When visiting your country, I try to get as much 'chocolat chaud' as I am able to consume and make sure I take some home with me when I leave your beautiful country.  For those of you who haven't had this experience, I urge you to take a moment to indulge in a cup of their hot chocolate and every warm holiday memory you've ever had just may flash before you.


What to do with left over maple whipped cream.?  Get out the tea kettle, the 'chocolate chaud' and some Frangelico and we will be having ourselves a very smooth sugar date.  Can't wait!

Ingredients:
1 package hot chocolate (Canadian preferred)
1 C. boiling water
1 jigger Frangelico liqueur*
1 T. maple whipped cream

Directions:
Add the package of hot chocolate to your most festive (whatever the occassion) heat proof mug.  Add the boiling water and stir until hot chocolate is combined.  Stir in Frangelico liqueur.  Add the maple whipped cream on top.  Serve hot.

*Cook's Note:  Frangelico Liqueur has a nutty flavor.  When combined with chocolate and maple,  I ask you, what could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment