Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rocky Road Fudge

Rocky Road Fudge

This recipe reminds me of my mother.  She loved anything that had the name "Rocky Road" in it.  To be honest, I was looking for a fudge recipe to use this holiday season.  My mother used to make it, but I don't have her recipe and she has been gone for eleven years now.  Thank goodness for friends because hours after I mentioned that I was interested in making fudge this year for Christmas, my friend produced a few recipes for me to try.  This one was a winner. 
I love marshmallows, but the original recipe called for way more than I thought appropriate for equal proportions.  When you make this, add as many or as little as you want.  Mix it up and use mint, orange or peppermint extract.  It isn't even December and I have made this three times and if there was any left I would be eating it right now!  Maybe I should make some more, just in case.  As much as I love eating it, it is great to give as a gift.  Which I did just yesterday!

Ingredients
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 t. vanilla
4 oz chopped walnuts or pecans
2 cups small marshmallows

Directions
In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.  Microwave on high for 30 seconds.  Stir well.  If the ingredients are not yet completely melted, microwave for an additional 15 seconds.  Stir well.  Stir in vanilla, walnuts and marshmallows.  Spread in your prepared pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Remove wax paper from pan and cut into desired sized squares.  Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment