Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Boss Meatball Sandwich

Boss Meatball Sandwich

Today is Saturday.  The kids and I went to the park and played in the leaves.   It was decided that we would take some home for art projects.  We also ran some errands.  During our excursion, my daughter got a charge out of the Christmas stuff that was out in stores already.  I love this time of year, but where has the year gone? 

Recently, one of my friends said to me, "...those Mob meatballs are Boss!"  He was referring to the Sicilian Meatballs  I had made earlier this year.  Fortunate enough to have some left over from a dinner party, I decided that a meatball sandwich sounded like a great lunch today.  These meatball sandwiches are very easy to make. If you do make them, promise me you will eat it piping hot with an ice cold beer.  Even on a crisp, cool fall day, these meatballs are 'boss'!  And without further adieu, I bring you the Boss Meatball Sandwich.

Ingredients
4 hoagy rolls, bagettes or hotdog buns
2 T butter
16 cooked meatballs in sauce (see recipe above)
4 slices of cheese, your choice

Directions
Heat meatballs until hot in microwave.  Turn your oven broiler to high.  Line a cookie sheet with foil.  Cut hoagy rolls lengthwise and lightly apply butter to cut side.  Lay them on the cookie sheet butter side up.  Broil for 3 minutes until lightly golden.  Remove from oven.  Using a spoon, place meatballs in a row on the bun and lay cheese over the top.  Leaving the sandwich "open face", place cookie sheet back in the oven and broil for two more minutes until cheese is melted and bun is golden brown.  Remove from oven and enjoy hot.   I used swiss cheese here, but you can use parmesan, swiss or white cheddar.

No comments:

Post a Comment